Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > i need access to google play
i need access to google play

11274 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2014-05-09 17:35:42

•   Level 2   
    (27) points
    cobshane
    2014-01-07 20:13:13
    What do I need todo to get google play apps.
    We use electronic inspections and this is one of the factors for buying the maxisys.
    The app is "autovitals eis" and I need it loaded on this baby.
    Also need to be able to print from web browsers. I have not found a way yet.
    I can print all day long from the diag app.

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2014-01-10 17:05:49

Autel would have to submit maxysis to google for approval in order to get google play.
    I would recomend calling autovitals and see if the could email you the apk file. Then you could side load it. Or recomend that they put the file also on yahoos android market . You can put yahoos market on maxysis by side loading and then buy there file that way.

•   Level 6   
    (435) points
    mitch

2014-01-10 17:11:28

I mistated something. I ment amazons android market not yahoo

•   Level 4   
    (169) points
    Scootincivic

2014-01-15 04:50:16 (Reply to:mitch)

Agreed as Google play would have to be installed via a firmware update as more then just the APK would be needed for Google Play to function.
    Its a shame but at least we can still install "unknow sources" within the device.
    So I at least give props to Autel to allow that as they could have easily disabled that feature..

Amazon as well as BlackMarket is suggested..
    Just know the more apps one installes on these 'tablets' the more background proccess's will be had.

•   Level 2   
    (43) points
    importcartech

2014-01-27 20:57:34 (Reply to:Scootincivic)

If the unit has a way to enter recovery mode in sure it would be possible to flash Google apps package in a .zip file then reboot. I root and do custom ROM on android smart phones and that's how you would do it on one of those with an AOSP type ROM. 

•   Level 4   
    (169) points
    Scootincivic

2014-01-29 06:53:51 (Reply to:importcartech)

with that it would be nice to know if the system is pre-rooted or not..
    I have yet to recieve my maxisys (going for the mini)..
    However if root has been factory unlocked even a custom recovery would be easy towards installing google play..

Then agian its rather easy to just download the .apk of the giving app and transfer it to the maxi or just download it strait from the maxi via web browser and install it this way..

•   Level 2   
    (43) points
    importcartech

2014-01-29 07:55:57 (Reply to:Scootincivic)

i doubt it is

•   Level 1   
    (3) points
    TheGuchi

2014-04-24 06:50:10 (Reply to:importcartech)

correct it is not rooted

•   Level 2   
    (38) points
    kitt050383

2014-05-09 17:35:42

Check out this video for a preview of a rooted maxisys pro running the Google play store.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OnjxiRZbMo&app=desktop

Also check out the site where later I am going to post how to root it! http://kitt050383.wix.com/secrets

- KITT
  Total1 Pages